Friday, November 4, 2011

TRY, TRY AGAIN

In a conversation the other day my friend and fellow artist Pat Halsey said you can tell when the excitement and joy are missing from a creative endeavor.  When it feels like a task, it looks like a task.  I readily agreed.

I have recently purchased that state of the art software I had been dreaming of.  The stuff I was using was great, both simple and effective.  But I thought a new computer needs the latest software.  Time to play with the big girls. So I bit the bullet, shelled out the money and now have to learn a whole new way of doing the same old stuff.  Naievely I had imagined that the underlying process would be the same and there would just be more choices.  Wrong!

So I am slogging my way through the work.  I am afraid if I get out the old program I won't force myself to learn the new one.  My first project was to create a brochure for an upcoming event.  I did it, joylessly the first time but I did learn the process.  After the conversation with Pat I decided to try again and have some fun in the process.  The results were much more pleasing to me.

I posted the cover here to share the results.  You can tell I had fun with this one.  Thanks Pat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel with me on painting journeys. Share your
painting adventures with us.