Friday, June 24, 2011

IF THEY ONLY KNEW!


So it's official, I am the Artist in Residence at the Community Garden.

I painted a small canvas of one of the vignettes I photographed at the garden.  What a charming place.  It seems many of these creative gardeners have given their little plots themes and adorned them with beautiful little items that relate to the plants they have chosen.  A mini botanical garden , what a  treasure.  I loved the little New Mexico plot, cactii, special rocks, a colorful license plate. 
So what do these green thumb artists not know about their artist in residence?  I must confess, I have a garden of silk plants.  My house is adorned with window boxes of silk flowers.  I change them with the seasons of the year.  If I had a talent for gardening I probably wouldn't have the time or energy for painting.

We all have our gifts.  Hats off to the gardeners.  Without them how could I paint a garden?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel with me on painting journeys. Share your
painting adventures with us.