Friday, July 8, 2011

NEWS FROM THE GARDEN

As I paint from the Highlands Community Garden I am being reminded of the power of a painting as opposed to a photo.  Every time I enter the garden things are different.  The plants grow and produce vegetables and flowers.  The light is a little different depending on weather and time of day.  But some days I am working on the same painting I started few days before.  As an artist I am afforded the luxury of having both the tomatoes and the flowers blooming at the very same moment in my painting even though they may not totally synchronize time wise in reality.  The photographer knows there is a season for everything.  The painter can take a few liberties. Viva la difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel with me on painting journeys. Share your
painting adventures with us.