Wednesday, September 14, 2011

TRYING TO GET BACK IN SWING

                                                            Sunflower House                                             Watercolor 16x20
So, my studio made it through the storm in tatters.  Before we evacuated I removed all my work and almost everything of value.  I am fortunate in that respect.
Everything else needs to be reorganized and rearranged.  Two and half feet of flooding makes for a little bit of a mess.  I feel confused and sad when I try to make some headway.  Baby steps are the only way to move forward.

I am working on a fun little painting.  I passed a house in Long Branch yesterday.  The owner had planted giant sunflowers around the perimeter of the front yard.  It looked like it belonged in a storybook.  I just had to get out and take a picture.  Guess what!  The actual photo was no match for what I had in my head.  I just know I can improve on mother nature for this little picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel with me on painting journeys. Share your
painting adventures with us.