Saturday, May 28, 2011

WHAT THE FOG REVEALS

Managed to get myself over to the Oceanic bridge which is particularly appealing in the early morning mist.  The tide was out so I could actually set up the easel on the sand and get the best view.  Breathtaking, peaceful, what a gift to me.

I had no choice but to be in the moment.  Working quickly to get down  the magnificence that was before me I felt challenged and had a sense that I was seeing things for the first time. Fog changes quickly, Now you see something, than it's gone, Some variables repeat themselves, others are one time events.

  In those moments there is a certain duality of experience, I lose my sense of time but am forced to keep up with my rapidly changing visual experience.  I am pushed by desire to capture what I see and make it mine.
See Fog Paintings below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Travel with me on painting journeys. Share your
painting adventures with us.